Created in 2001, the “Tourisme & Handicap” Label aims to provide reliable, descriptive and objective information on the accessibility of tourist sites and facilities, taking into account the 4 types of impairment (hearing, mental, motor and visual) and to develop an adapted tourism offering.
Tourist sites and services that have been awarded the Tourisme et Handicap label are tourist sites OPEN TO EVERYONE, where everything is done to ensure that everyone finds their place, has a good vacation, enjoys visits and activities, entertainment and festivities, comfortable accommodation and quality catering. When planning your vacation, be sure to look for this symbol!
The Saint-Lary Tourist Office team is delighted to announce that it has been awarded the Tourisme Handicap label since February 2, 2016.
Tourism and Handicap referents:
Alice VALTAUD – Charlène PERISSE
Parking, access and pathways
- An adapted, reserved and signposted parking space : located in front of the Tourist Office next to the parking meter
- Access and pathways to the Tourist Office entrance with directional signs
- The entrance door is marked “entrance” in large white letters
- Adapted public toilets adapted and pathways indicated by a sign at the start of the Tourist Office
- Gray and gold adhesive strips for the visually impaired have been applied to all interior and exterior glass parts.
- Antislip carpet with metal slats at the entrance.
- Automatic door at the entrance, the left-hand door on the left is fixed and opening is by the right-hand door, the word “entrance” is indicated above.
- Enhanced lighting including one located above our reception desk and very good permanent lighting of our space (spotlights + illuminated double ceilings). The reception counter, modulated with a lowered part, for the motor-impaired.
- A sofa and a conviviality armchair for the comfort and rest of all.
- Chevalet on the reception desk indicating the languages spoken within the Tourist Office
- Adapted document displays: information signage set up with the association of pictograms and texts.
- Documentation available: In enlarged characters, in Braille, MP3 players (made available with the possibility of keeping a recording of the conversation).
- For hearing-impaired people: Complete hearing aid system, magnetic loop, sound amplifier, headphones.
- Defibrillator located by the emergency door..
Access for people with reduced mobility : The best way to get up to Pla d’Adet or Espiaube is by car. Nevertheless, equipped with your handiski material, you can borrow the gondola.
For your handiski lessons, you can contact the French Ski School, which offers it by appointment.